The program is designed to provide broader-based, multi-skilled training that facilitates life-long learning and opens the door for the participant to continue their education and training in carpentry. With the partnership of Prairie Arctic Trades Training Centre to host the program, students who successfully complete the program will obtain their Level 1 Carpentry Accreditation and will be eligible to obtain 800 hours credit once registered as an apprentice with Apprenticeship Manitoba.
The Introductory Carpentry Program duration is 22 weeks with 2 weeks of orientation, life skills and employment preparation with the Indigenous Leadership Development Institute and 20 weeks of carpentry technical and practical training with Prairie Arctic Trades Training Centre. The start date is October 29th, 2018 and a program completion date on April 12, 2019. The program enrolls a maximum of 14 students per intake who are supported throughout the duration of the program and into employment and apprenticeship.
Through Prairie Arctic Trades Training Centre, students receive the following training and certificates upon successful completion:
– Level 1 Carpentry Training and Certification involving Carpentry Theory (in-class learning) and Practical Shop (hands-on learning in ‘state of the art’ facilities and equipment).
– Industry recognized safety certificates, including the following:
- Fall Protection
- Confined Space
- Fire Prevention
- First Aide/CPR
- Skid Steer Operator
- Aerial Lift
- Hilti Powder Actuated Tools
- Fork Lift
- Scaffolder User and Awareness
“Introductory Carpentry,” is designed to provide Indigenous participants with the training and exposure to all areas of the carpentry trades industry.
Through the Indigenous Leadership Development Institute Inc., students receive the following training and supports throughout the duration of the program:
- Orientation to the program
- Cultural Workshops (Traditional Teachings and Sweat Ceremony)
- Support of a Student Retention and Support Worker
- Career Development and Life Skills Workshops
- Resume and Cover Letter Workshop
- Employment Preparation and Readiness (Transition to employment)
$9,084 *50% of tuition is due October 26th, 2018 with the remaining balance due on January 18th, 2019 (Cheques made out to Prairie Arctic Trades Training Centre)
TUITION FEES INCLUDE:
- Text Books
- Work Books
- Class Room student supplies
– Graph paper
– Regular writing paper
- Student Safety Wear & Equipment
– Work boots
– Safety glasses
– Hard hat
– Tools (basic hand tools)
– Tool belt
- All Safety and Equipment Training Certificates
- All materials and equipment required in the carpentry shop.
- Field Trips
- Cultural workshops
- Meetings, Conferences & Trade Shows
- All Workshop’s provided throughout the course
*The above breakdown does not include living allowance, meals, rent, or transportation.
For program information, phone 204-940-1700 email: email@example.com.