The program is delivered by the Indigenous Leadership Development Institute, Inc in partnership with the Academy of Learning to give twenty (20) participants the opportunity to attend a 14-week Indigenous Finance and Administration Program (IFAP).
The IFAP will educate students with an understanding of office & business etiquette, life skills, resume writing, cultural awareness and tools to successfully pursue a career in a chosen Finance and Administrative career, and then put into practice with a four (4) week work experience placement.
The IFAP is a certified program and the Academy of Learning Career College is an approved Post-Secondary School in Manitoba for Manitoba Student Aid Purposes. The Academy of Learning is registered with the respective governing Provincial Authority.
What makes this program unique is that students will receive one on one support and follow-up to assist in their job search during and after the 14 week program. As well, provide valuable resources and support with career goals and the option to complete their grade 12 Mature Student Diploma, which is very important in opening up the doors to all job opportunities.
COURSE INFORMATION & OUTLINE:
Week 1 and Week 2
Orientation, Culture Camp, Life Skills, and Professional Communications with Retention & Support worker
Week 3 to Week 10
Excel 2007 Level 1 & 2
Basic Bookkeeping Level 1 & 2
Windows 7 Level 1
Week 11 to Week 14
Work Practicum and Job Search
The Retention & Support Worker will provide on-site visits to work practicum locations to monitor the progress of the student.
COURSE TUITION: $7,000.00
TUITION FEES INCLUDE:
- All Text Books
- Headphone set
- Course materials
- Integrated Learning System
- Full-time facilitator
- One on one tutoring
- Supplies: pen/pencil, binder, ruler, calculator, paper, and other supplies as required
- Cultural workshop
- Computer training to stay current with the latest technologies, information and products
- Life skills Workshop
- Personal Money Management Workshop
- Interview Skills and Resume Writing Workshop
- Self-Marketing and Networking Workshop
- Business Etiquette Workshop
- Students have access to a full-time Retention and Support Worker to assist with any issues or challenges that may prevent them from being successful
- Work practicum placement and follow up
The above breakdown does not include living allowance, meals, rent, or transportation.
For More Information please contact: