Indigenous professionals building leadership capacity for tomorrow… today.
Actively promoting good governance by identifying needed training, and by providing unique education and capacity building opportunities. We prepare Indigenous people for the challenges of the 21st century.
- Modules take 30-45 min, complete course in 3-4 hours.
- Training is available online 24/7 at any location, anytime.
- Provide links and resources for in-depth study and understanding.
- Print certificates of completion.
- Designed specifically for non-Indigenous people who will be working/interacting with Indigenous people.
- Provide a view of Canadian history from an Indigenous perspective.
- Know the different terminologies – Inuit, Metis, First Nations, Indigenous
- Define assimilation and enfranchisement, describe the residential school system, and the Indian Act.
- Recognize the importance of the Royal Commission of Aboriginal Peoples (RCAP).
- Define self governance, explain the relationship between Indigenous people and the Crown, and identify the issues addressed by the Indigenous Law in Canada.
- Define Indigenous Rights, Treaty Rights, and the importance of land claims to Indigenous people.
- Recognize the political and significance of the United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples (UNDRIP), the Residential Schools Apology, and the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action (TRC).
- Identify the serious challenges and opportunities facing today’s Indigenous people.
Click on the link to register online: https://culture.learnworlds.com/
Or contact us at:
Ph: (204) 940-1700